NO TIME TO READ? Join for just $1. Get unlimited book summaries.
Learn how to get the audiobook for free | BOOK DESCRIPTION: Mini Habits is about achieving lasting change — even if you’re used to quitting early, burning out, or being generally unmotivated. Below you’ll find a book description of Mini Habits, in the author’s own words:
- I tried “getting motivated.” It worked sometimes.
- I tried setting audacious big goals. I almost always failed them.
- I tried to make changes last. They didn’t.
You can succeed without the guilt, intimidation, and repeated failure associated with such strategies as “getting motivated,” New Year’s Resolutions, or even “just doing it.” In fact, you need to stop using those strategies if they aren’t giving you great results. They don’t work because they all require you to fight against your subconscious brain (a fight not easily won). It’s only when you start playing by your brain’s rules and taking your human limitations seriously–as mini habits show you how to do–that you can achieve lasting change.
What’s A Mini Habit?
A mini habit is a very small positive behavior that you force yourself to do every day; its “too small to fail” nature makes it weightless, deceptively powerful, and a superior habit-building strategy. You will have no choice but to believe in yourself when you’re always moving forward. The barrier to the first step is so low that even depressed or “stuck” people can find early success and begin to reverse their lives right away. And if you think one push-up a day is too small to matter, I’ve got one heck of a story for you!
Aim For The First Step
They say when you aim for the moon, you’ll land among the stars. Well, that doesn’t make sense, as the moon is closer than the stars. I digress. The message is that you should aim very high and even if you fall short, you’ll still get somewhere. I’ve found the opposite to be true in regards to productivity and healthy behaviors. When you aim for the moon, you’ll won’t shoot because it’s too far away. But when you aim for the step in front of you, you might just keep going and reach the moon.
I’ve used the Mini Habits strategy to get into the best shape of my life, read 10x more books, and write 4x as many words. It started from requiring one push-up from myself every day. How ridiculous is that? Not so ridiculous when you consider the science of the brain, habits, and willpower. The Mini Habits system works because it’s how our brains are designed to change.
Too Busy To Read?
Non-Fiction Book Summaries For Busy People.
- The Best Business + Personal Development Books Summarized (think CliffNotes for professionals). When You Sign Up, You’ll Get Instant Access To Unlimited Self-Help + Business Book Summaries
- 20-Minute Book Summaries. Reading a Book Can Take Weeks (or Months). Save Yourself The Hassle. With FlashBooks, You Can Read Or Listen To Your Favorite Non-Fiction Books In Under 20 Minutes.
- Audiobook Summaries. Our library Includes Downloadable Audiobook Summaries So You Can Listen + Learn
- Formatted For Every Device. FlashBooks are formatted For Every Device, So You Can Read — Or Listen — To Book Summaries On The Go. (PDF, Kindle, iPhone, iPad, Android, MP3)
(First 7 days, $1. After that, $29 a month. Cancel Anytime.)