[images style=”4″ image=”http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.trendhunterstatic.com%2Fthumbs%2Ftalk-on-architecture.jpeg” width=”641″ align=”center” top_margin=”0″ full_width=”Y”]
In today’s episode of The Meaningful Show, I chat with Robert Fortunato about how he galvanized a community of change makers towards taking action against a common cause — building the Green Idea House. We also talk about why Denmark is the happiest place on earth, how to give a TED talk, and what it truly means to become a leader.
Robert is the president of ForStrategy Consulting, a leadership, strategy and innovation consultant who helps firms turn difficult problems into opportunities. In addition to his leadership work, he is also the creator of the Green Idea House (noted above), and an adjunct faculty member at the international innovation school, headquartered in Denmark.
START STREAMING VIA THE PLAYER BELOW
If you can’t see the player above, here are other ways to listen:
This episode of Dean Bokhari’s Meaningful Show Podcast is brought to you by FlashNotes Book Summaries, where you can get more knowledge in less time. Visit GetFlashNotes.com to start reading 300 page books in 15 minutes or less. Get started today for just $1
Topics Discussed with Robert Fortunato
- What makes Denmark the happiest place in the world? What can we learn from them in the United States?
- How to give a TEDx Talk
- How Robert built a community around a cause that really mattered to him (The Green Idea House/Impossible House) — and some advice on how you can do the same.
- Leadership & Innovation
- Meaningful work
Books & Book Summaries
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl – Get the FlashNotes Book Summary for “Man’s Search for Meaning” here.
- On Dialogue by David Bohm
- Notes From the Underground by
- Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness by Richard H. Thaler, Cass R. Sunstein
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard by Chip Heath, Dan Heath
- Decisive: How to Make Better Choices in Life and Work by Chip Heath, Dan Heath
- Dialogue: The Art of Thinking Together by William Isaacs
Selected Links & Resources
- The “Zeitgeist” Series
- Leadership, innovation and the “impossible” house – Robert Fortunato’s TEDx Talk on the Green Idea House (click the link or play via the embedded video below)
[video_player type=”youtube” youtube_remove_logo=”Y” width=”560″ height=”315″ align=”center” margin_top=”0″ margin_bottom=”20″]aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cueW91dHViZS5jb20vd2F0Y2g/dj1mZExvZE9jSHpZMA==[/video_player]
- Connect with Robert Fortunato
- Connect with Dean Bokhari
Who do you think I should interview next? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments.
Do you enjoy this podcast? If yes, please leave a short review here. It’s a HUGE help.