- Learn how to get the audiobook for free
- No time to read? Subscribe + get unlimited book summaries for just a buck
- Already a member? Click here for access
BOOK DESCRIPTION: Over 200 million Americans consume food products made of wheat every day. As a result, over 100 million experience some form of adverse health effect, ranging from minor rashes to high blood sugar to unattractive stomach bulges preventative cardiologist William Davis calls “wheat bellies.” According to Davis, that excess fat has nothing to do with gluttony, sloth, or too much butter: it’s due to the whole grain wraps we eat for lunch. After witnessing over 2,000 patients regain health after giving up wheat, Davis reached the disturbing conclusion that wheat is the single largest contributor to the nationwide obesity epidemic–and that elimination of wheat is key to dramatic weight loss and optimal health. In national bestseller, Dr. Davis exposes the harmful effects of what is actually a product of genetic tinkering and agribusiness being sold to the American public as “wheat”–and provides readers with a user-friendly, step-by-step plan to navigate a new wheat-free lifestyle. Informed by cutting-edge science and nutrition, along with case studies from men and women who have experienced life-changing transformations in health after waving goodbye to wheat, Wheat Belly is an illuminating look at what is truly making Americans sick and an action plan to clear our plates of this seemingly benign ingredient.
Too Busy To Read?
Non-Fiction Book Summaries For Busy People.
Join Today + Get Access To Hundreds of Summaries For Only $1!
- The Best Business + Personal Development Books Summarized (think CliffNotes for professionals). When You Sign Up, You’ll Get Instant Access To Unlimited Self-Help + Business Book Summaries
- 20-Minute Book Summaries. Reading a Book Can Take Weeks (or Months). Save Yourself The Hassle. With FlashBooks, You Can Read Or Listen To Your Favorite Non-Fiction Books In Under 20 Minutes.
- Audiobook Summaries. Our library Includes Downloadable Audiobook Summaries So You Can Listen + Learn
- Formatted For Every Device. FlashBooks are formatted For Every Device, So You Can Read — Or Listen — To Book Summaries On The Go. (PDF, Kindle, iPhone, iPad, Android, MP3)
(First 7 days, $1. After that, $29 a month. Cancel Anytime.)