By Amy Cuddy
No time to read? Join for just $1. Get unlimited book summaries.
BECOME A MEMBER
Learn how to get the audiobook for free | BOOK DESCRIPTION: “The research I’ve been doing for years now joins a large body of inquiry into a quality I call presence. Presence stems from believing in and trusting yourself—your real, honest feelings, values, and abilities. That’s important, because if you don’t trust yourself, how can others trust you? Whether we are talking in front of two people or five thousand, interviewing for a job, negotiating for a raise, or pitching a business idea to potential investors, speaking up for ourselves or speaking up for someone else, we all face daunting moments that must be met with poise if we want to feel good about ourselves and make progress in our lives. Presence gives us the power to rise to these moments.”
Amy Cuddy is best known for having delivered the 2nd most-watched TED talk in history. The talk is titled, “Your Body Shapes Who You Are“—definitely worth watching if you haven’t already done so. Cuddy wrote this book to help people of all walks of life develop a strong sense of *presence*—a quality that helps us:
- Command respect and inspire others
- Speak with poise and clarity
- Become genuinely like able to others
- Develop an inner sense of confidence that helps us feel good about ourselves and make progress in our lives
We’ll talk more about how presence helps us lean into the aforementioned qualities, along with much, much more in the big ideas we’ll be sharing in this book summary.
Too Busy To Read?
Non-Fiction Book Summaries For Busy People.
Join Today + Get Access To Hundreds of Summaries For Only $1!
- The Best Business + Personal Development Books Summarized (think CliffNotes for professionals). When You Sign Up, You’ll Get Instant Access To Unlimited Self-Help + Business Book Summaries
- 20-Minute Book Summaries. Reading a Book Can Take Weeks (or Months). Save Yourself The Hassle. With FlashBooks, You Can Read Or Listen To Your Favorite Non-Fiction Books In Under 20 Minutes.
- Audiobook Summaries. Our library Includes Downloadable Audiobook Summaries So You Can Listen + Learn
- Formatted For Every Device. FlashBooks are formatted For Every Device, So You Can Read — Or Listen — To Book Summaries On The Go. (PDF, Kindle, iPhone, iPad, Android, MP3)
(First 7 days, $1. After that, $29 a month. Cancel Anytime.)