Outwitting the Devil: The Secret to Freedom and Success
by Napoleon Hill
Napoleon Hill was ahead of his time when he wrote Outwitting the Devil. There are concepts within it that would not have been well received at the time it was written, but have shown themselves to be true over time, thereby strengthening their claims for us today. Considered too controversial by Hill’s family and friends, the book remained in manuscript form from its initial creation in 1938 to its publication in 2011. Why was it so controversial? Well, the book is basically written as a one-on-one ”interview” between Napoleon Hill and “the Devil.”
But the “Devil” that Hill interviews isn’t a physical being (can you imagine!)… He uses the term “Devil” as a metaphor to represent a negative energy of sorts that plants seeds of doubt, fear, limitation and negative thoughts within the minds of most human beings to prevent them from living happy, healthy, successful lives.
In the book, Hill asks a series of questions of the Devil about all the devious ways in which he tries to hold people back in life. As he asks these questions, he allows the Devil to elaborate, and in so doing, helps unravel the Devil’s underhanded tricks—revealing how you can flip them upside down and use this knowledge to your own advantage. Throughout the book, Hill explores how you can tap into the power of your mind to overcome the fears the hold you back in life.
Here’s what you’ll learn about in this summary:
- Napoleon Hill’s personal journey through failure and success as he learns to apply the steps already laid out in his previous best-seller, Think and Grow Rich (see book summary here.)
- Identify personal obstacles (fear, procrastination, anger, and jealousy) and how the Devil uses them to keep you from success.
- How to overcome your fears, take charge of your life, and outwit the Devil.
- And much, much more.
“Every failure brings with it the seed of an equivalent success.” — Napoleon Hill, Outwitting the Devil
Most of our difficulties are self-created. But so are most of our successes. When we control our thoughts and form helpful habits, we can decrease our difficulties and increase our successes.
- Outwitting the Devil by Napoleon Hill – Book Summary (PDF)
- Outwitting the Devil by Napoleon Hill – Audiobook Summary (MP3)
Audio player will only work for members who have logged in.
- A NEW WORLD REVEALED
- DEVIL = NEGATIVE ENERGY
- DRIFTERS VS. NON-DRIFTERS
- PERSONAL OBSTACLES
- HYPNOTIC RHYTHM
- DEFINITENESS OF PURPOSE
- LEARNING FROM ADVERSITY
- ENVIRONMENT, TIME, HARMONY, AND CAUTION
This summary is for subscribers only…
Still not a member? Subscribe to start reading or listening to this book summary now.
Already a member? Log in here