The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz, PhD
This book is for everyone who ever looked at a successful person and asked themselves “What does he or she have that I don’t?” The answer: that person knows how to think big. It’s been over 55 years since Dr. David Schwartz first published The Magic of Thinking Big and while some of his anecdotes might seem outdated, the advice he gives is 100 percent relevant to all of our lives. The truth is that each and every one of us has the ability to turn our dreams into reality, and the sadder truth is that the majority of us will not do that because we do not believe in ourselves hard enough. Nothing has ever been achieved without the sincere belief that it could be done, and no one has ever made something of themselves without thinking big. Our thoughts determine our reality, so if we don’t like our reality, then the only solution is to change our thoughts. That is where this book comes in. Through anecdotes, statistics and mental exercises, Dr. Schwartz shows us how to transform our minds, and in turn, transform our lives.
Here’s what you’ll learn about in this summary:
- How to think yourself into greatness.
- How to turn every challenge into a new opportunity for creativity, growth and positive thinking.
- How to surround yourself with positive, optimistic people who respect you.
“When you believe something is impossible, your mind goes to work for you to prove why. But when you believe, really believe, something can be done, your mind goes to work for you and helps you to find the ways to do it.”
“As you visualize your future, don’t be afraid to be blue sky. People these days are measured by the size of their dreams. No one accomplishes more than he sets out to accomplish. So visualize a big future.”
“Desire, when harnessed, is power.”
A timeless guide to lifting yourself out of mediocrity, and turning your wildest dreams into reality. When we think big, we become big.
- 1. Nurture belief in yourself and a determination to succeed.
- 2. Actively banish fear and excuses.
- 3. Think big – and inspire big thoughts in others.
- 4. View every challenge as an opportunity for creativity and for growth.
- 5. Think of yourself as important.
- 6. Promote yourself to a first-class environment.
- 7. Develop an enthusiastic and generous attitude that draws people to you.
- 8. Become a doer right now.
- 9. Visualize a successful future by setting goals.
- 10. As a leader, earn respect by giving respect.
This summary is for subscribers only…
Still not a member? Subscribe to start reading or listening to this book summary now.
Already a member? Log in here