As a world-renowned creative artist, Twyla Tharp knows what it takes to cultivate habits for a lifetime of success. Throughout her career as a dance choreographer, Twyla has been awarded both Emmy and Tony awards, crafted a highly praised Broadway musical and developed over one hundred dances for ballet companies around the world. Now, she shares her secrets for a successful creative life in her book, The Creative Habit: Learn it and Use it For Life.
Throughout the book, Twyla pulls back the curtain on her own journey to success through creative fulfillment and the habits it took her to make it a reality. Within the text she offers insight, real world advice and plenty of inspiration for anyone seeking to find a new level of success and satisfaction in their creative endeavors.
This book is packed with actionable advice and dozens of exercises for putting it all into practice. The Creative Habit might’ve been written by an artist, but the Big Ideas are applicable to pretty much anyone doing anything — artists, writers, entrepreneurs and anyone who wants get out of a creative rut and create their best work now.
Here’s what you’ll learn about in this book summary:
- What it takes to prepare yourself to be creative.
- How everyone can find ways to tap into their creativity to create incredible work.
- Strategies to cultivate a successful creative habit.
- Why ‘getting an A in failure’ is essential for achieving a fulfilling creative life.
- The process of setting up daily routines to unleash your fullest creativity.