The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
by Grant Cardone • Book Summary by FlashBooks
Making big promises is what Grant Cardone does. So it comes as no surprise when he tells us that his 10X rule will guarantee success beyond our wildest dreams. But this is not some cheap gimmick or shortcut. The 10X Rule requires you to rethink everything you thought you knew about business and life management.
Cardone is on a mission to help people bust out of the confines of “average” “normal” and “practical”. In order to achieve the massive results he promises, you must be prepared to start taking massive action. This means setting sky-high goals and busting your butt to reach them. It means doing 10 times more than your colleagues and competitors, in order to not only rise above, but set the example for all others to follow. The big ideas from this book will also teach you how to banish fears, excuses and procrastination by showing you how to assume control over all aspects of your life, even the things you imagine are beyond your control. Cardone will show you how to say goodbye to being a victim of circumstance, and say hello to becoming the master of your life.
Here’s what you’ll learn about in this summary:
- Why setting your targets at seemingly impossible high levels is the necessary first step towards beginning to take massive action.
- Why you need to assume responsibility for everything in your life – even situations that seem entirely down to bad luck – hurricanes, bad economy, illness, etc.
- Why it is crucial that you are prepared to overcommit and then obsess about following through.
- ”This is the focus of the 10X Rule: You must set targets that are 10 times what you think you want and then do 10 times what you think it will take to accomplish those targets.”
- “Success for anyone or any group is ultimately a positive contribution to all people and all groups as it provides validation of the possibilities to all.”
- “I suggest that you become obsessed about the things you want; otherwise, you are going to spend a lifetime being obsessed with making up excuses as to why you didn’t get the life you wanted.”
- Set massive goals. Back them up with massive action. Learn how to dominate your field and don’t rest until everyone knows your name.
This summary is for subscribers only…
Still not a member? Subscribe to start reading or listening to this book summary now.
Already a member? Log in here